The following lease agreement will be provided for you to sign on the day of your rental:
Renter (hereafter referred to as the “LESSEE”) is subject to the following terms and conditions by Lake Time Boat Rental, LLC (hereafter referred to as the “LESSOR”)
- LESSEE acknowledges he/she has carefully examined the watercraft and finds it suitable for the purpose for which it is leased, and that other accessory equipment is in suitable and acceptable condition; that he/she will maintain both craft and equipment in a safe, dependable condition while in his/her custody.
- Cash bond deposit (as provided in the Statement of Charges) shall be retained by LESSSOR as partial compensation for failing to return said rental craft in as good condition, ordinary wear and tear excluded, as when received, for reimbursement of articles damaged, missing or broken by LESSEE. LESSEE agrees and understands that in the event that damage or loss is incurred on any watercraft or equipment rented by LESSEE, LESSSOR will retain the damage deposit. LESSEE understands and authorizes LESSSOR to force funds from the security deposit held on the credit card provided.
- All damages will be settled upon return of the rental craft. Upon return of crafts, if there is damage LESSEE will pay using deposit. If damage exceeds deposit LESSEE is still responsible for all damages to craft or equipment.
- LESSEE agrees not to dispute or chargeback any charges for damages, missing or broken articles to LESSOR equipment.
- In the event that LESSSOR must file suit to collect for any damages to rental craft, losses incurred or collect for down time resulting from
damaged craft, LESSEE will be held responsible for all LESSSOR’s legal/attorney fees.
- LESSEE will accept the liability for all lost revenue due to cancelled reservations during the time required to complete repairs on damaged crafts
- LESSEE agrees not to use, nor permit the use:
- Of the rental craft for any unlawful purpose;
- Of the rental craft in a careless or negligent manner;
- Of the rental craft while under the influence of alcohol and/or narcotics;
- By any other person not the signatory of the agreement, or not equally qualified
- LESSEE acknowledges his/her responsibility for the safe and proper operation of the craft; and for the safety and welfare of other boaters and persons. No other person other than LESSEE will operate the equipment. LESSEE further agrees that in the event that said equipment is operated by any other person or persons other than LESSEE, full responsibility will be assumed by LESSEE for any and all bodily injury and/or property damage and LESSSOR will be absolved and held harmless of any and all liability and/or property damage as a result of noncompliance by LESSEE on respect to all of the aforementioned.
- It is AGREED AND UNDERSTOOD BY LESSEE that LESSOR shall not be held liable for damages, inconvenience or time lost caused by accident, breakdown or malfunction of the rental craft. LESSEE FURTHER AGREES to indemnify and hold harmless LESSSOR from, and against any and all claims for loss of or damage caused by fire, water, theft or any cause whatsoever.
- LESSEE expressly agrees to indemnify and hold LESSOR harmless of, from, and against any and all loss, costs, damages, attorney fees and/or liability in connection with the enforcing of the foregoing rental contract by LESSOR, including expenses incurred in collection or attempting to collect delinquent rental fees and in the event of suit by LESSSOR to recover possession of said rental property and/or to enforce any of terms, conditions and/or provisions hereof. It is understood and agreed that Venue of any action here under shall be in the county of LESSSOR.
- In the event of malfunctions, breakdown, or if any defect is discovered after acceptance of the rental craft, LESSEE will immediately report same to LESSOR. Continued use of it shall be entirely at LESSEE’s risk and thus LESSEE assumes all liabilities of injury and damage to all persons and property that may become involved by its continued use.
- LESSSOR’s ability to provide a rental craft, if reserved is CONTINGENT upon and subject to the return of the unit by the previous LESSEE or any other cause beyond LESSSOR’s control.
- The rules and regulations contained herein and as posted in the website, on the craft, and/or the grounds by LESSSOR are for eth safety welfare of all who use the facilities. LESSEE certifies that he/she has read and understands said rules, and regulation and further assumes the responsibility to see that his/her family and /or guest(s) will obey the rules.
- All LESSEES born AFTER JANUARY 1, 1988 MUST HAVE A NORTH CAROLINA BOATING EDUCATION CARD.
- LESSOR is the only party who will authorize repairs. LESSOR reserves the right to have damages repaired by whomever they deem acceptable
and capable. LESSEE waives the right to dispute who performs repairs.
- Should any term or condition of the Lease Agreement be held void or unenforceable, then that term shall be deemed severed from the
Agreement and enforceability of the remainder shall not be affected and will remain in full force and effect.
- Rescue fee minimum charge: $85 first 30 min. $125 per hour thereafter.
ABOSULELTY NO CASH REFUNDS!
LESSOR will issue a credit toward future rentals if damage or problems with watercraft prove to be the fault of LESSSOR. After a thorough inspection of said craft from a representative of LESSSOR, a credit slip will be issued to LESSEE, and will only be redeemable for a future rental from LESSSOR. LESSEE rents all crafts at their own risk. All watercrafts are to be returned clean, or a $150.00 cleaning fee will be collected from the deposit. All crafts will be thoroughly inspected upon departure and return to insure optimum quality control.
LESSEE has carefully read the foregoing agreement/contract/release and understands and agrees to the contents thereof. When signed, this contact will bind LESSEE. Signed in North Carolina and subject to and governed by North Carolina laws.
NO INSURANCE AVAILABLE